Monday, July 10, 2006

Catch-up






I'm taking a cue from my sister and making a blog so that I can share whats happening in my life as well. This first post is just going to be a catch-up with some house pictures for you all to see. The before and after if you will.

This is a few weeks later after we trimmed the bushes, which I hate and REALLY want to rip out and replace with something... anything just about. I think my hand might slip next time I use the electric trimer. The left corner is begging for a small ornamental tree. I don't have a current picture but I lined the sidewalk up to the front door with a hedge of lavender on each side and the bed by the front sidewalk I put in a pink Knockout rose on each side. We're thinking about adding a pergola over the front entry with climbing roses or clematis.

This is a picture of the back deck Mike shot before we moved in. If you look closely on the light post there is a fake owl perched up there that I think the previous homeowner put up to scare away birds (or people). After it moved on it's own a couple of times it went into the garbage can.


Here is a view from the back deck of the humble yard. I'm working on a new layout and I think I have one that I finally like. The yard isn't exactly huge so the center island bed takes up to much room in the middle, plus there is only 2 Rose bushes and a Rose Mallow, everything else is weeds or volunteer annuals. I found a reasonably priced 3 tier fountain I'm going to get (hopefully). You can see the finished fence in the background with the shed.

Finally the fence is put up. All that's left is to let the wood cure before we paint it white and add the copper post toppers. And add the gate's. One here by the sidewalk to the deck & back door. And one by the shed.

3 comments:

Jen Andrews said...

Hey you, I can leave a comment. :)
Very cute house. Let me know when the guest room is ready and we will see if your house is Brendan proof or not. :)
-Jennifer

Jen Andrews said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Leesa said...

Hi Ashley,
Very nice pictures. It is good to see what you are doing and how domestic you are becoming. That is great! I'm guessing Mike likes to do a lot of things and he appears to be very handy. I hope to meet him sometime. Please send me your new address.
Love, Aunt Leesa