Thursday, July 13, 2006

Throw in a Kitchen Sink

We put in a new sink today! I should say Mike put in a new sink, I played assistant and handed him his tools as he needed them (which was always after I sat down) and helped hold the flashlight. It doesn't match the rest of the kitchen at all now but I love it. It's heavy too, it's cast iron so I also helped lift it a few times.

Here is Mike's other little helper. I don't think she was very helpful since she can't hold the flashlight.

Here's the new sink in all it's beautiful glory. Like I said it doesn't match the rest of the kitchen at all but thats ok. It's a jumping off point.

I love the faucet too, I thought it was kind of unique looking. Works really well too. Mike will have lots of fun doing the dishes now... ya right.

So I've been gushing about how pretty it is but I didn't even mention I got a garbage disposal too! Try living with one of those your whole life then not for a few months. It's hard to remember food doesn't go in the sink and I've had to fish out some gooey globs when I forget... ick. So I'm VERY excited to have the garbage disposal... now I just need a dishwasher. But there's no point in that until we get new cabinets.

0 comments: