Thursday, May 24, 2007

Pixie & Pictures

So, I got to bed around 11pm and I wake up at 12:30am because Mike is calling for the dogs to come inside. We usually let them out to potty and Pixie comes back in and Avi stays out so she can get a little more excercise. So he's calling them and Avi comes in and goes to her kennel, and he keeps calling and calling for Pixie. Sometimes she darts into the house and you don't see her, so he calls for her inside and she doesn't come. He goes outside and calls for her and she's not coming. So I get up and I know she's not in the house cause she ALWAYS comes if you call her. I go outside and call her and she still doesn't come. Aparently Mike let them out, then made himself a snack, and started watching a movie and left them outside for a while. So I get worried cause even if she's leaves the yard, she comes back. We hear a sqeal down an alley and Mike goes running off to check it out... just a catfight. So we call her, I check the house again, think I hear a whimper but when I don't find her I think it must be Violet. Still no Pixie. So Mike starts drving around the neighborhood at 1:00 am calling for her. He doesn't find her so I get even more worried. She's small, very friendly, and smart but not quite as smart as Avi is. Maybe she ran off and couldn't find her way back, maybe she got hit by a car, maybe an owl got her (she's the size of a guinne pig), maybe someone found her and wants to keep her, maybe someone stole her (she was expensive and not fixed). I try to be positive and tell myself that she's got a tag, if she ran up to someone (even though it was late) that they would think it was too late to call and they'd call in the morning. So I try not to cry and try to get some sleep. We wake up at about 9 am and she's still not in the yard and no one has called. Now I'm really thinking the worst. So I feed Violet and I always put her in her bouncy chair afterwards so I can eat, and I hear a wimper and a scratch... WTH so I look under the couch, behind the curtains, I'm thinking she's gotten hurt somehow and is hiding. So I call her and I hear another wimper and I open the cabinet for the DVD's and low and behold. My precious pint sized pup!! I was so shocked!! I don't know why she didn't make more noise to let her out. Mike obviously accidently shut the door the night before getting the movie out. I started crying and carried her downstairs where Mike was. So we think he DID let her in last night, left Avi out for a bit, got a DVD out and she somehow ended up in the cabinet. I'm so glad she didn't run off!!

On a different note.. The three of us have an appointment on June 2nd to get some family pictures done. We're going to JCPenny's so hopefully they'll turn out ok. HCrossing my fingers Violet will coorporate and be nice and maybe even smile. Don't worry Grandma, I'll have a bow in her hair too :) It is starting to lay down a bit more now. I think it was too fine and lightweight to stay down. Anyway, I'll mail you guys some of the pictures when we get them.

0 comments: