As many of you know from reading my status the past few days, I lost a dear, sweet friend in a tragic car accident. We have known each other for over 3 years, and met on a message board dedicated to those who had babies in March 2007. She had two daughters, Ava who is 2.5 and Audrey who is 1. I haven't been active on the boards in a while, but I don't know what I would have done without the ladies I met there while I was pregnant, and the first year of Violet's life. Emily is the same age as me, 25, and I now her husband has to raise those two little girls without their mother.
Although I never met her face to face, I feel like I know Emily personally, and the other girls on the board are trying to raise some money for Ava and Audrey and put it in a savings bond for them that they can use when they are older. This is where you come in. We have a friend that runs her own bath and body business where she makes homemade natural soaps. She has said that she is going to give 40% of her earnings until we get $2,000 ($1,000 for each girl). Her soaps are reasonably priced, and your purchase would be going to a great cause. So if you, or someone you know like homemade soap, go take a look.
http://www.artfire.com/users/desertmaidenbathworks
And you can keep updated on how much we have made so far by visiting her facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Desert-Maiden-Bathworks/63002040578
If you have any questions, please, don't hesitate to contact me. Emily was also one of my friends here on facebook, so you can check out her page to see just how much she loved these little girls. (Emily Carrol Wendell) Thanks so much!!!
Thursday, September 03, 2009
Gone too Soon
Posted by Ashley at 8:53 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment