Yesterday, Violet and I went to the flea market with Christine, Jeremy and Jeremy's brother Justin. It's in the next town or two over, and they have one every 3rd weekend of the month. For some reason I have never been, but I think I may have to make it a monthly thing. They had some really good things, and some outright bizarre -- i.e. an old wooden coffin... talk about freaky. I wasn't looking for anything in particular, but one of the first booths I went too had a nice collection of old windows. He wanted around $20 for most of them. I was looking at a pair and they didn't have prices on them. He overheard me asking Christine if she could see a price and he said "Their $12 each" OK, still too much so I start to leave and he says "If you buy both of them you can get them for $8 a piece." I tell him I might come back later on, he made some comment about the price might go back up. So in an effort to not bore you, I did end up coming back for them and I got them for $8 each. I'm not sure exactly what I want to do with them. Either clean them up (and get a few more so I have a variety) and hang them on the wall in a grouping, or turn them into doors for a cabinet. Coolest part is they still have the old hinges on them.


I also got (practically stole) a vintage embroidered tablecloth. It's beautiful, in great condition, and pink! We were walking around a booth and I saw it over the back of the ladies chair. I didn't know it was a table cloth at first, just that it was pretty. I asked the lady if she made it and she teased me saying she didn't have the patience. Anyway, she was asking $10 (already a steal) but I still wanted my windows so I start to leave -- which I think is the thing to do instead of outright asking them to lower the price -- and she says "The lowest I can take is $8." I told her I'd take it almost before she could finished her sentence. I may use it for a tablecloth, but in all honesty I think it needs to be reworked into a duvet cover. Mike wont let me do pink in the bedroom, so probably for Violet's future big girl bed. It's pretty big so I could get away with just adding some coordinating fabric to the outside edges and underside. It could fit a twin size bed almost as is.



So as I'm walking away, she comes up to me an gives me, as in FREE, a vintage embroidered table runner. How awesome was that? 
Monday, September 17, 2007
Lucky Number 8
Posted by Ashley at 8:09 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment