Saturday, April 19, 2008

Rock-a-bye

Of all the things I ever thought to experience in my life, an earthquake was not one of them. Maybe if I lived someplace where they were common, like Alaska or California, then sure. But not in the Midwest. For those who haven't heard about it on the news, Friday morning around 4:30 am, there was an 5.2 magnitude earthquake. I'm a light sleeper, but I didn't wake up enough to grasp what was going on. The house was creaking and I felt like I was on a water bed, but since I was half asleep, I just thought there was a big storm outside and the wind was making the house rattle. Very weird. I half thought about checking to see if the water in the fish tank was moving, but I was asleep again before I finished the thought. Anyway, obviously we weren't hurt, and nothing broke.

0 comments: